Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work where you can get real job experience AND make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award-winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Swim Instructor
Reports to: General Manager, Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Instruct students on water safety and proper swim techniques based on thorough knowledge of the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide swim instruction based on the Goldfish Swim School curriculum.
- Enforce safety rules and regulations to prevent accidents. Makes rescues and administers first aid when necessary.
- Evaluate students’ progress, and completes required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Interact with parents/guardians on the activities and development of students’ swim skills.
- Act as a Goldfish Swim School (GSS) “ambassador” to ensure parental satisfaction.
- Use problem solving and creative thinking skills to identify and resolve challenges that students encounter.
- Inspect pool areas before and after each class for possible maintenance, cleanliness or damage issues. Report issues to management as appropriate.
- Maintain and ensures proper storage of all pool equipment. Place and removes lane lines.
- Report accidents and incidents to management. Complete required documentation and paperwork.
- Perform Deck Teacher duties as needed.
- Perform light cleaning duties such as window washing, deck mopping, trash removal etc. on occasion.
- Attend required/mandatory workshops and in-service training outside of regular working hours.
- Fulfill other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred. Experience as a certified lifeguard, youth sports instructor/coach, camp counselor and/or childcare provider is preferred. Two or more years as a swimming instructor is preferred. Swimming experience is preferred.
Certificates and Licenses: Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certification required. Shallow water attendant highly recommended.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.