Are you looking for a great gig where the work is actually fun? Do you want to work somewhere you can get real job experience and make a difference? Check out Goldfish Swim School! We’re a rapidly growing, award winning franchise that is not your typical company!
We change lives. We help children reach their goals. We wear flip flops. We work in a 90-degree pool. We love our employees and reward hard work with shout awards, gift cards and fun social events! We offer paid training and flexible shifts that are perfect for students or folks who want to grab extra hours without working late nights. Even better? Due to the rapid growth of our school, advancement opportunities exist for the right candidate.
- Leadership roles
- Flexible hours
- Great pay
- Valuable work experience
- Increased social opportunities
- Future references/referrals
- Ability to work with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills
- Must pass background examinations (included with training)
Job Title: Lifeguard
Reports to: General Manager, Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of Goldfish Swim School by preventing and responding to emergencies. Wears the required Goldfish Swim School uniform while on duty.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains constant surveillance of patrons in the facility; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of patrons in the event of an accident or emergency.
- Communicates the rules of the facility to patrons fairly and consistently.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Ensures that medical services (EMS or other) are contacted by appropriate means when necessary to respond to an emergency.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Completes accident/incident reports as necessary.
- Maintains a clean and safe facility as directed/assigned.
- Assists with closing and securing the facility.
- Fulfills other duties or responsibilities as assigned by the Employer.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or GED is preferred with Lifeguard, CRP/AED and First Aid Certifications. Prefer 6 months experience as lifeguard at an aquatic facility or camp.
Certifications: Must maintain current Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid certifications.
Work Environment: While performing this job, the employee is regularly exposed to heat and humidity. Noise level is usually moderate.