Membership Sales Director
Urbandale Chamber of Commerce
Membership Sales Director
REPORTS TO: President
COMMITTEES STAFFED: None
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Membership Sales Director (MD) will work to sell and retain business members for the Urbandale Chamber of Commerce, (UCC), a 501 C6 non-profit organization. The Membership Director will have demonstrated experience in:
- General business and/or non-profit agency management
- Relationship Management
- Public and community relations
- Working with volunteers
- Work to acquire new memberships for the Urbandale Chamber of Commerce
- Assist in retention of existing members
- Develop a sales marketing plan
- Work to finalize unpaid membership dues
- Work to acquire new members at the investor level; design each investor benefit package
- Maintain the database of prospective members, reflecting notes in the database when contact is made.
- Provide the President with sales report weekly, detailing businesses called upon, businesses visited, and any other prospects.
- Prepare a membership report to submit to the Board of Directors monthly, detailing sales progress toward goals established.
- Assist in preparation of annual membership goals with President and submit to full board for approval.
- Solicit sponsorships available for purchase by new members.
- Promote attendance and participation at UCC events and committee meetings.
- Be alert to potential issues and opportunities that may affect the UCC and report to the President any issue or opportunity
- Work with a design company to publish the membership application
- Maintain, strengthen, and secure the new member benefits; targeting investor level members. These members are provided to new members from existing members
- Attend and assist during UCC events; building stronger relationships and visiting with prospects that our members bring as guests.
- Assist in the yearly business resource guide project
- Assist as necessary
- A demonstrated record or prior leadership experience in business, non-profit, or governmental organization
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing
- Ability to be self-sufficient, independent and resourceful
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task
- A high level of enthusiasm and interest that, in turn, motivates others
- Experience working with a volunteer driven organization
- Ability to close a sale and a solid understanding of a sales process
$40,000 base salary for training, meetings, preparing reports, retaining existing members.
25% * New Members
10% Sponsorship sales after TRC
$400 toward the Premium for a Health Care plan for the MD or half of the cost, whichever is greater starting the 1st of the month after hire.
100% Premium Dental and Vision. This starts on the 1st of the month after hire.
12K life insurance policy
$50 toward cell phone
$300 per month Car Allowance
After employed one year, the MD will have the opportunity to receive up to a 3% match toward a retirement plan.
*New Members = Businesses who pay the $25 admin fee. New membership applications that come in from the web site and/or in the door without solicitation from the MD, to receive the 25% commission, the MD must schedule a meeting with them to discuss membership benefits and sponsorships. New members brought in through TRC by a TRC volunteer without any assistance from the MD, the MD will receive commission on those sales. New members brought in through TRC with the joint assistance of a TRC volunteer and the MD, the two would receive full credit. Commission will be paid once the membership investment is paid in full. In If the MD works with an existing members to upgrade from a traditional or gold member to a Platinum, Elite Partner or President’s Club investor, the MD will receive 25% commission on the difference. Membership fees paid for in trade will pay a 10% commission.
PLEASE APPLY THROUGH THE INDEED LISTING: https://www.indeed.com/job/membership-sales-director-5eae0a60a00ceadb
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $50,000-$100,000