Part Time Library Assistant
Under the general direction of the Patron Experience Manager, library assistants connect patrons to physical and digital resources, assist patrons with technology, help circulate library materials, and provide exemplary customer service.
Routine Job Duties/Responsibilities
The job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments may vary depending on the specific department's needs within the Library.
- Provide welcoming customer service and communication with all patrons.
- Basic circulation functions such as: checking in/out Library materials, creating library cards and monitoring self-checkout stations.
- Assist with setting up and maintaining library displays.
- Provide instruction and assist with appropriate use of electronic and print resources, including subscription databases.
- Advise patrons on reading selections.
- Schedule and monitor study rooms.
Periodic Job Duties/Responsibilities:
- Monitor inventory and order supplies and materials as needed.
- Provide statistical information and reports to the Library Director for reporting purposes.
- Educate patrons on and enforce Library policies and procedures.
- Train and assist department volunteers.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and training and professional development activities.
- Participate in safety trainings and staff in-service days.
- Proctor tests.
- Provide assistance to patrons with overdue accounts, as well as bill and receive payment from patrons for damaged, lost or unreturned materials.
- Fill interlibrary loan requests for patrons and send items to requesting libraries.
- Track and notify patrons/libraries of overdue interlibrary loan items.
- Maintain accurate statistics on interlibrary loans and material recovery issues.
- Ensure that library reports regarding overdue and damaged items are running correctly.
- Notify patrons of materials on hold.
- Coordinate with the Collections department to re-order damaged items.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge is qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year customer service or administrative experience, preferably in a library
Those selected for an interview will be notified following the closing of the job posting and invited to an in person oral interview. Candidates will be notified via email to Self-Schedule their interview time slots. Be sure to apply with a valid email you check regularly and sign up for text message option for more communication options.
Post-offer/pre-employment background check and drug test is required. The City of Urbandale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Persons with disabilities must submit requests for ADA accommodations to the Human Resources Department, in writing, prior to the application deadline.
Position Type: Part-Time