Customer Service Representative-Benefits Counselor
Req number: R_094275
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Urbandale office:
What can you expect?
- You will be part of a company where we take care of customers during those moments when they need us the most.
- You will be part of a company committed to enhancing the health, wealth, and careers of the clients we serve and their employees — and will work for a company equally invested in the development of our own people.
- You can rest assured a high value is placed on diversity and we work to foster understanding, inclusion, and innovation in the workplace.
- As a core component of our workplace culture, we are fully committed to volunteering and caring for our communities.
- You will have the tools, training and support you need to be successful in your role. Experienced leaders and co-workers who are the best in the business will surround you.
What is in it for you?
- You will receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on day one, such as health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, and more!
- You will work in an exciting environment with a reputable company and receive paid training. (All Benefits Counselors will train to obtain their life and health license within the first 30 days of employment.)
- You will grow and be challenged daily. And did we mention, we have amazing customers you will meet? We love to have fun at work! Do you?
We will count on you to:
- Be passionate and caring for our customers
- Learn and embrace our “customer first” vision!
- Have strong people skills, including empathy and listening.
- Use the tools and resources available to help educate customers about their benefits offerings
- Own the participant’s issue to resolution. Fearless problem solving is a must!
What you need to have:
- HS diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of proven customer service or sales experience
- 6 months of experience using MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Life and Health License is mandatory (Mercer will offer training to obtain a license)
What makes you stand out:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish and English, both written and verbal)
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE
Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $30,000-$50,000