Full-Time Night Paramedic
Exemplar Care is central Iowa’s first direct primary care practice and 24/7 urgent care facility. Helping patients be the healthiest they can be. You spend more time getting to know our patients and provide evidence-based services when, where and how they choose. We are currently seeking two compassionate and dedicated paramedics to join our Care Team! Full-Time shifts, working a minimum of 36-40 hours weekly with weekend rotation, and four holidays annually. Candidate must be able to have availability to cover shifts as needed for team members calling out.
As a paramedic, you will directly and positively impact the health and well-being of the patients you serve through the provision of professional medical services. You will also:
- Follows clinic procedure/protocol for the organization and management of the electronic medical record. Completes medical records according to established protocol.
- Applies professional paramedic skills in the provision of preventive health maintenance and treatment of ill and injured patients utilizing the four aspects of the process: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Facilitate interdisciplinary communication. Utilizes other members of the health care team in assessing the patient and analyzes patient data.
- Assesses learning needs of the patient and significant others. Gives clear and complete information to patient and family.
- Demonstrates ability to recognize and assess urgent/emergency needs of patients and initiate appropriate emergency procedures as needed.
- Assists with a variety of procedures, exams and/or operation of clinical equipment as assigned. Proficient in IV skills and venipuncture skills. Evaluates and triages individual patients and physician/patient calls.
- Provides patient teaching and facilitates communication between physician and client.
- Provides mentorship and support to other clinical staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Active license in the state of Iowa
- Minimum two years of experience
- BLS and ACLS
- No prior restrictions/penalties on state-issued healthcare licenses
Exemplar Care believes in the value of diversity within our workforce and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $20.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Urgent Care
- Urgent care center
- Monday to Friday
- Rotating weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- West Des Moines, IA 50266: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Paramedic: 1 year (Preferred)
- BLS Certification (Preferred)
- Paramedic License (Required)
Work Location: One location
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $30,000-$50,000