Professional Land Surveyor
Professional Land Surveyor
Engineering great outcomes and creating long lasting solutions in communities throughout Iowa, Lee Chamberlin Consultant Engineers is a full-service engineering and land surveying firm that provides comprehensive planning, design, and construction services to a wide variety of clients in both the public and private sectors. We implement a centralized project approach where we work with our clients through every step of the process from land and title surveys to construction administration. Operating out of Central Iowa, we have over 25 years of experience completing an assortment of projects from small-scale road grading and paving improvements to large scale housing developments, and our services include land use planning, site development, street and highway design, traffic engineering, construction administration, and water and wastewater engineering.
Lee Chamberlin Consultant Engineers is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor to join our growing team. In this position, your focus will be to perform thorough research of land records and serve as the starting point in the land surveying that goes into every one of our projects. Your job will include working with our team both out in the field and in the office making sure our projects are built off of accurate research in addition to preparing documents such as boundary retracement surveys, plat of surveys, topographical surveys, and more. See below for more detailed essential duties and responsibilities.
Being a part of the Lee Chamberlin team means you have opportunity for significant professional growth and get the chance for both one-on-one learning experiences as well as working with a team to get projects done right. Lee Chamberlin is always looking for employees to join their growing team and provides a solid foundation for learning civil engineering and land surveying professional skills.
If you have experience as a Professional Land Surveyor, please contact us! Our employees enjoy having the chance to be a part of all aspects of a project from start to finish. Lee Chamberlin Consultant Engineers offers a great work environment and a comprehensive benefits package for its employees including medical/dental/vision insurance, holiday pay, and vacation days and personal leave after a required amount of time with the firm.
Lee Chamberlin Consultant Engineers is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms our company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.
Please see below for a more detailed Job Description.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform thorough research of land records from government offices or online resources
- Boundary calculations using fundamental survey principles and practices to establish property, R.O.W. and easement lines
- Prepare land survey documents that may include: boundary retracement surveys, plat of surveys, ALTA surveys, topographical surveys, easement/acquisition plats, and final plats with associated legal descriptions
- Preparation of land survey documents to ensure they are in compliance with state and local ordinances
- Title and abstract review
- Professional Licensed Surveyor Status in Iowa
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in land surveying
- Understanding of coordinate systems and vertical datums
- Ability to travel to various job sites and office locations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Self-directed and can work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organization and analytical skills
Above all else, our team members are eager to learn and have a good work ethic. We expect our employees to work with integrity and be persistent and flexible as to their job responsibilities. Our work environment provides a solid foundation for learning the Civil Engineering and Land Surveying professions as well as continuing professional growth in the engineering community. We welcome individuals who are capable and interested in being a part of our team!
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000 to $95,000 / year
Position Type: Full-Time
Salary Range: $50,000-$100,000