Head of Statutory Reporting and Expense Management (30380)
Are you interested in working for a Des Moines metro finance and insurance industry company who has been voted one of Iowa’s top workplaces eight years in a row? Do you want to join a team where work-life balance is not just talked about but is actually implemented and a primary focus? If you have answered yes to both of these questions, please consider a new role we are currently recruiting candidates for.
Palmer Group is looking for a well-versed accounting professional who has deep knowledge of GAAP and stat accounting standards to be our clients next Head of Statutory Reporting and Expense Management. In this role, your day-to-day functions will include managing the statutory reporting for our client and implementing new financial GAAP and statutory accounting standards. With this exciting opportunity, generous PTO, salary, 401k match, full benefits, and career development workshops are offered. Fill out an application today to be considered!
- Oversee companys tax functions
- Develop and administer company-wide budget
- Conduct industry research for new accounting standards
- Collaborate on corporate modeling functions
- Review and audit statutory finance statements
- Assist with finance close processes
- 5+ years’ reporting and accounting experience required
- Broad tax knowledge
- Ability to cooperatively work with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in accounting or finance preferred
- MBA or Masters highly desired
Hours may vary: 8:00AM-5:00PM Monday-Friday
Interested and qualified candidates can contact Taylor Maroste at (515) 225-7000 or email Taylor at email@example.com.