Presort Mail Sweeper
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reject mail such as invalid, foreign and overweight mail, and puts in designated trays prior to processing.
- Watch for blockage or stoppage of mail processing.
- Ensures sort bins are emptied quickly and accurately so the sorting machine can continue sorting with no interruption from jammed pockets.
- Ensures that sorted mail is stacked correctly in trays and all mail pieces in the tray are facing the labeled end of the tray allowing no folded, bent or upside down mail to enter the tray.
- Ensures that sorted mail is put in proper trays and accurately tagged according to proper destination.
- Reviews mail not properly sorted or reject mail to determine the readability of the mail.
- Ensures proper distribution of invalid, reject and five digit mail with other operators.
- Keeps technicians and supervisor informed of all malfunctions or changes in machine performance.
- Processes mail in accordance with established standards to maximize quality in accordance with U.S. Postal Service, customer and Company standards.
- Troubleshoot machine jams on the machine and notifies operators of jams.
- Assist technicians in minor maintenance issues.
- Watches for suspicious parcels or letters and immediately notifies Supervisor of anything out of the ordinary.
- Keeps work area neat and clean.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Skills and Abilities
- ???Good hand to eye coordination, ability to read mailing addresses and work in fast pace environment. An understanding of zip code, barcode sorting process and schemes. Safe working habits.
- Physical Demands
- ?While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Must be able to pass a life background check and pre hire drug test.
- Work Environment
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*Mail Services LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace. All locations are smoke-free facilities.
Position Type: Full-Time