The Urbandale Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with member businesses to post available jobs. This list is updated by our member businesses frequently. In addition to this website, you can also see available jobs posted to the Urbandale Chamber Facebook page. Another resource for local job postings can be found on www.desmoinesmetro.com.
State Farm Team Member - Sales
Do you have aspirations to run your own business? If so, you may want to consider working in my agency - Margo Kromminga – State Farm Agent. As a member of our agency team, you have an opportunity to experience first-hand what it takes to be a State Farm Agent. You will build and develop customer relationships within the community to promote State Farm products including auto, home and life insurance. This position will challenge you and position you for success in the insurance industry.
- Develop leads, schedule appointments, identity customer needs, and market appropriate products and services
- Work with the agent to establish and meet marketing goals
- Use a customer-focused, needs-based review process to educate customers about insurance options
- Maintain a strong work ethic with a total commitment to success each and every day
- Adaptation of skills necessary for motivation in self and others
As an Agent Team Member, you will receive….
- Hourly pay plus commissions/bonus
- Paid time off
- Valuable experience
- Growth potential for professional advancement
- Sales experience (outside sales or inside sales representative, retail sales associates, or telemarketing) preferred
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas preferred
- Interest in marketing products and services based on customer needs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to learn computer functions
- Ability to make presentations to potential customers
- Ability to effectively communicate over the phone with prospects and customers
- Bilingual – Spanish preferred
My Training Program Includes
- Hands on learning to market property/casualty, life, health and bank products
- Training to set sales and growth goals and reaching those goals
- Working closely with the agent to gain an understanding of the agent’s role and office logistics
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will follow up with you on the next steps in the interview process. Company website is www.margoinsurance.com
State Farm agents are independent contractors who hire their own employees. State Farm agents’ employees are not employees of State Farm Insurance Companies. This position is with a State Farm independent contractor agent, not with State Farm Insurance Companies. State Farm agents control which licensing requirements and training programs are offered or must be successfully completed by their employees. By accepting employment with a State Farm agent and/or successfully completing any licensing or training programs required by a State Farm agent, you are not guaranteed, promised or given any form of selection preference, should you choose to leave the agent’s employment and; pursue the opportunity of becoming an independent contractor agent for State Farm Insurance Companies. If you choose to purse an agency opportunity, you will need to apply and go through the regular State Farm Insurance Companies’ agent selection process.