The Urbandale Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with member businesses to post available jobs. This list is updated by our member businesses frequently. In addition to this website, you can also see available jobs posted to the Urbandale Chamber Facebook page. Another resource for local job postings can be found on www.desmoinesmetro.com.
Legal Assistant (24694)
- Collect, review and organize information
- Create procedures for collection and storage of information
- Provide administrative support to attorneys and staff within legal department
- Monitor company licensing; draft, maintain and update charts and reports relating to licensing activities; maintain communication with federal and state regulators as necessary
- Draft and revise agreements, answers, discoveries, filings and other documents of a legal nature in appropriate format
- Assist in the preparation of transition documents and filings, and prepare and file licensing applications and supporting documentation
- Bachelor's degree and/or a certified legal assistant (CLA), certified paralegal (CP) or advanced paralegal (AP) designation required
- Minimum of two years experience as a paralegal or six or more years experience in a legal administrative assistant or similar position.
- Previous experience with in-house counsel/corporate legal practice preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of basic legal terms, proficiency in legal, internet and traditional research tools.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to build effective and efficient working relationships with a variety of employees and non-employees.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of company/corporate information.
- Knowledge of real estate, title and/or mortgage business preferred.
- Strong personal computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities; Strong customer-service focus.
- Effective analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
Hours - 40 hours per week Monday-Friday