The Urbandale Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with member businesses to post available jobs. This list is updated by our member businesses frequently. In addition to this website, you can also see available jobs posted to the Urbandale Chamber Facebook page. Another resource for local job postings can be found on www.desmoinesmetro.com.
Insurance Sales Representative
Possessing a broad understanding and application of a body of knowledge, the purpose of this position is to sell insurance products to new clients via phone in a call center environment, utilizing leads provided by the company.
- Answers inbound calls to sell insurance products to new clients.
- Markets insurance products via the telephone to maximize sales of insurance plans by preparing and presenting solutions, negotiating and overcoming objections, and assisting in purchasing appropriate products.
- Pre-qualifies applicants to determine eligibility and asks underwriting questions to determine if specified prospective client meets carrier requirements.
- Ensures carrier, state, and company guidelines are adhered to.
- Cross sells insurance products, identifies sales leads, and makes outbound calls to finalize a sale.
- Enters all information related to the call for reporting purposes.
- Mentors and provides feedback to other team members
- Acts as a subject matter expert for team members and handles escalations as needed.
- Works with internal business partners to achieve business unit results.
- Makes outbound calls to support campaigns focused on cross selling, selling additional products, as well as closing additional business.
- High school diploma required and college degree preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant sales experience required. Customer service and/or sales experience preferred
- Ability to interpret insurance products to clients.
- Ability to motivate and influence people towards suggested products/solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with customers on the telephone.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks and prioritize effectively.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Possess self-discipline, self-motivation, and ability to meet assigned objectives.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Core competencies include:
- Communicating With Impact
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Appropriate license must be obtained if necessary for the position. License required could include Property and Casualty, Personal Lines, or Life & Health