The Urbandale Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with member businesses to post available jobs. This list is updated by our member businesses frequently. In addition to this website, you can also see available jobs posted to the Urbandale Chamber Facebook page. Another resource for local job postings can be found on www.desmoinesmetro.com.
Bilingual Benefit Counselor - Day or Evening shift
To fulfill this role, the Bilingual Benefit Counselor will:
- Answer incoming calls to assist in enrollment
- Provides a consultative experience and communicates accurate answers regarding products
- Handle inquiries by communicating in a clear, concise and confident manner in order to provide an excellent customer services experience in a fast-paced work environment
- Facilitate enrollment into Employer Sponsored benefits package.
- Enters all information related to the call for reporting purposes
- Works with internal business partners to achieve business unit results
- Resolve all inquiries that require research or additional information by utilizing the appropriate resources and provide timely follow up as necessary
- Ensure that all transactions are submitted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures carrier, state, and company guidelines are adhered to
- Act as a successful team member by being receptive to feedback/coaching, follow all standard operating procedures, display reliability and have a willingness to develop and consistently improve
- Bilingual Benefit Counselors are required to be fluent in Spanish and English
- High School Diploma required; 4 year college degree preferred
- 1-2 years customer service or sales experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written),
- Ability to research
- Follow up and resolve sensitive issues
- Proficient in working with web based applications and Microsoft Office, ability navigate multiple systems without assistance
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy
- Must obtain life and health license within 30 days of employment start date.
For immediate consideration, apply online: