The Urbandale Chamber of Commerce is proud to partner with member businesses to post available jobs. This list is updated by our member businesses frequently. In addition to this website, you can also see available jobs posted to the Urbandale Chamber Facebook page. Another resource for local job postings can be found on www.desmoinesmetro.com.
Private Banking Officer
Position Title: Private Banking Officer Last Reviewed: March 2017
Bank & Location: First National Bank, W. Des Moines Reports to: DM Market President
Build and strengthen relationships with First Point Private Banking Clients by providing concierge level banking service, financial education and social opportunities, along with a special package of Personal Banking services to high net worth clients.
Provide general personal banking services to Private Banking clients.
- Establish and execute calling program to maintain consistent contact with current and potential Private Banking clients, including on-boarding program for new private banking clients.
- Generate leads for First Point Wealth Management as well as all other areas of the Bank.
- Manage customer profiles and generate activity reports.
- Assist customers and prospects in the selection and opening of accounts to meet their financial needs; including checking, savings, certificates of deposits, etc.
- Actively participate in networking functions (Chambers of Commerce events, etc.) to promote the Bank
- Plan and coordinate social, educational and outreach opportunities for Private Banking clients and prospects.
- Develop relationships with CPAs, attorneys, and real estate brokers for mortgage and commercial loan referrals to the Bank.
- Provide content for bi-monthly newsletter, email blasts and coordinate correspondence with Private Banking clients.
- Provide support to the Retail area as needed.Includes assessing and handling customer’s account needs, opening and closing accounts, and cross selling bank products and services.
- Assist other employees/departments/branches to promote teamwork and good communication.
- Actively represent First National Bank through community involvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of financial or related experience required.
- Experience in business development, growth and retention strategies and planning preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated analytical decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Work under pressure and perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or in groups.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
Physical Demands & Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit or stand. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employees will frequently use and talk on the telephone and use a computer and other office equipment. The employee may frequently be required to drive a vehicle.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently located inside an office building. The employee is occasionally exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
Apply online at www.fnb247.com