genYP Civic Engagement Committee Meeting
This is the monthly meeting for the genYP Civic Engagement Committee. This committee is deeply involved in making the Let’s Read program a success in addition to developing events that allow our members to be engaged in civic and community service. They meet on the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 11:30 at Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa (10715 Hickman Rd. Urbandale)
This committee meets monthly with the intention of increasing genYP’s involvement in the community as well as genYP’s awareness of the community. The committee acts as the liaison to our chamber’s non-profit members, seeking out opportunities for genYP to be of assistance and involved. The committee also manages occasional events throughout the year.
Expectations of committee members include:
• Attendance – please attend our monthly meetings and occasional events as regularly as possible.
• Ideas – please bring your ideas to the table. In the past our best ideas have come from committee members.
• Feedback – as you attend/participate in genYP Civic events and projects, sharing valuable feedback helps the committee improve for the future.
Chair & Co-Chair responsibilities include:
• Lead the committee to implement ideas and projects.
• Act as the liaisons to the genYP Leadership Team and Urbandale Chamber.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact our co-chairs below or join us at one of our meetings.
Brenna Strawhacker firstname.lastname@example.org
Nick Darrah email@example.com